Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Let It Go, Let It Go!!!

Let it go, let it go!  See I caught you,  you are now singing the song and it will be in your head all day.

I am ashamed to say that I haven't even seen the movie, nor heard the full lyrics of this song, yet I know the catchy line that holds so much meaning.  There are times just those words and melody pop in my head, a very good lesson for me.

So I sing those words in my head as the forecast for this weekend will bring in our first blast of Fall.  Yes, I usually am on the edge of my seat waiting in anticipation for the change of season, since normally our August in Texas is a barn burner, but not this year!  We had by far one of the most pleasant summers in my life.  I can't remember an August in which grass remained green and you could stroll outside without breaking down into an exhausting pile of sweat.  Because of the wonderful weather I hate seeing this season come to a close.  It might have even created in me a desire to move to a cooler state, just for a calm summer...................well, just a little, but I am a Texan by birth.

As I reluctantly close the door, and the school schedules fill my fall calendar, I pause for a moment to reflect on my unexpected summer of the past.  Like your first writing assignment at school where you say what you did for summer, I get to do the same thing here, before I .....Let It Go!!!

For all you people who plan and schedule, well our summer was neither, it just fell into place.


First, Benjamin had the surprise joy of attending a horse camp with his Big Sissy.  No, not everyone in Texas owns a horse, and no not everyone knows how to ride them.  It really is an expensive hobby, so this was a very unexpected experience.

VBS was the second week of June, which is always a delight for all.  I applaud the wonderful people who give of their time to bless children through VBS.


Second, unscheduled surprise.  My husband's company, where he has now worked for one year, sent him to a conference.  Since his one year of employment wouldn't come until the Fall, he had not earned vacation time..........which I can't remember us having had a regular vacation time in all our 34 years of marriage, so that isn't new.  Anyway, his company allowed him to take us with him.  They paid for the room and we piled in on him for a trip to Galveston, Texas.  The beaches this year were totally covered with sea grapes, and left a lot to be desired, but the hotel was awesome.  We enjoyed a couple of days at Moody Gardens.


Third, I returned home from Moody Gardens to complete my seven month decorating job.  The second round of drapes were installed, flower arrangements completed, furniture delivered and I could walk away pleased.  Other than a few extras accessories, the job was finished.  My son is still promising to get a professional photographer in to take wonderful pictures. My phone pictures and the light through the windows, leaves my photography account of my work, and his,  with much to be desired.



Fourth, wonderful play time with all three grandsons.  Ventures of having all three at one time by myself, to just have Grand Mommy time, and ventures outside highlighted summer.  Even allowing Joshua to play in the sprinklers watering the edges of the sidewalk in our subdivision and playing at the lake brought memories of my own summers past.  My heart overflows, how could your ever be prepared for such joy from your grandchildren?


Fifth, not to let this summer of wonderful weather pass we also got to go camping.  Oh, I love nature and just refresh stepping out into her beauty.  Even sleeping on an air mattress on the ground is worth it when you can inhale the breeze and watch deer frolick around you.  We even canoed around the lake, one of those things that we had always said, "we need to do that one time." Well we did!!


Sixth, the milestones that were celebrated. My mother-in-laws' 99th birthday!   My grandson's legal adoption and name change to Joshua Graham Wright. The babies dedication, to the Lord, with family members in attendance, for Joshua Graham and Liam Maverick Wright. Mama Mia Broadway show to celebrate 34 years of marriage, left my husband and I both singing.  Both sets of new parents also bought homes and started their transformations, by the end of summer both families had moved in to start new family memories.

The list goes on and on, and the biggest blessing of all was that God slowed down my work schedule so I could enjoy. The lack of work was unscheduled. I had no clue when I entered summer that I would be off so many weeks, and NEVER once did I  have to get a sitter for Benjamin!!  This makes fall a caught up time on finances, but it was worth the break.

Now I will let it go, but I will hold the memories in my heart.



9 Joining in with more words:

Tanna said...

An AMAZING, productive, full, joyful, loving summer!!! My heart is brimming over for you, Janette! God is good... all the time! =) blessings and hugs ~ tanna

Pom Pom said...

Yay for a fantastic summer, J! I think your fall will be equally free and rich!
I quite agree that time with grands is huge on the joy-o-meter!
Love love love

podso said...

Your summer sounded overflowing with joy and good things. I lingered over your final paragraph.--the "lack of work was unscheduled…" But God knew you needed it! What a blessing when He choreographs our days! Happy Fall to you.

Farm Girl said...

What a work of praise. I am so happy for you and for all that God has heaped into your lap. What a wonderful way to start a new season. Your photos are just lovely.

Christine said...

God's blessings are in every sentence and picture!
Those babies are so adorable. Three! How fun is that!

Sending prayers....

Sandy said...

I am so happy for you and your family. I see His hand so evidently in your life. I pray the upcoming seasons of your life are just as wonderful. Your grandsons are all so adorable.
Hugs~

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

What an awesome summer with so many memories to cherish and reflect on. I bet your fall schedule will fill up fast and fill in the gaps that summer created. Blessings abundant!

Debbie said...

Wow. Just plain WOW. I don't know how you kept all this in until now.

Wait. Yes, I do. I did the same thing with summer and do the same thing regularly these days. The next thing I know, I have to just "let it go" and go on to the next season.

I'm so glad you DIDN'T do what I do and let us take a peek at your very wonderful summer. I can't figure out what I liked the most. (Yes, I can. Grandchildren, pictures, dedication, adoption, and all.)

I would very much love to see you back sharing your very wonderful take on life more often, Janette. I hope fall is the season that you let it go... straight to the keyboard.

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

AWESOME! SO when is Benjamin coming up to play ponies with Jack? <3
xoxo
Leslie

Related Posts with Thumbnails