Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Tuesday, January 28, 2014

How Exciting, but No Time!

When my children were little I thought, well when they get older, I will get to do that.
They got older and I started driving them all over the country.  So I thought, well when they 
move out I will be able to do that.
They moved out!...well most of them have and what do I say now?

One day when I am older...maybe I will have time for that.

So was my feelings when I came around the corner to see these!




Rolls and rolls of books!  Rolls and Rolls of inspiration!
Oh my...look what all I could do!
All the things I want to learn to do!
How could I even pick which one to start with?




I am growing older and still can't seem to find the time. I now need glasses to see the details.  I now have a                              job that takes me from the home.  I now am too tired in the evening.                                                   Sounds like I am making more excuses.
Are there things you keep thinking..........one day I will have time for that?
Maybe this is the year I learn to carve out some time.
If not, maybe I will learn to be at peace with this season of life.  
Don't we all think it is always greener on the other side of the fence?

I hope you have taken the time to carve out time for some of those things you thought you would do one day, when time allowed.  Let's make some time!!  

13 Joining in with more words:

Farm Girl said...

The way I see it now, having more time is a little like every one else's mother. I think that 15 minute a day thing works wonders for all of those things you still want to learn. That was why I became a 19 minute rug hooker. I could set the timer and I could do those things I had only dreamed about. I really don't think at this point, our lives will ever slow down, :) We will always will be running which I don't think is a bad thing, and we will never have a empty nest. Which is a blessing.
I loved seeing all of those wonderful books full of things to learn though.

Debbie said...

Well I should have all the time in the world but find I USUALLY have something I HAVE to do or get done...not complaining, just a fact. That's why I decided in the middle of my pile these last few days to stop and sew what "I" felt like, lol. Any minute now I will have the time to make a quilt for my bed. Still MUCH I want to learn how to do in this department, slowly but surely! Enjoy you time, but MAKE time for you!

Angel said...

My mother used to say "Don't put off until tomorrow what you could do today." I think of that whenever I tell my husband we'll put off that special trip until we have more time and money. With each passing year, I feel the urgency to get on with doing things I've been putting off.

Thanks, Janette, for reminding me that I don't want to make excuses, I want to make time to pursue God-given passions and dreams.

Elizabeth Dianne said...

Hey Janette, I am some years older than you and remember exactly what you are speaking of--now I do have the time but I don't seem to be able to accomplish nearly as much in the same allotment of time so I am stymied at times.

I think what you said about "learning to be at peace with this season of your life" is so very important and I pray that for both of us.

Every season certainly has its challenges--

Don't be too hard on yourself and try to enjoy each day--you have done the most important thing already--been a great wife and raised children who love God--I would say that is something to celebrate!

podso said...

I'm not sure you ever have all the time you want. Even partially retired I'm busier than ever. But you can always dream! And maybe we can do those things we long to once we reach heaven! I think that is a lot what the yearning feeling we get is about.

Sandy said...

That picture looks like the aisle in my grocery store where I stand each week and drool. There are so many wonderful creative things to do and learn and so little time.Like Dianne said, I am also older than you and still have trouble finding time to do what I would like to. But being a wife and mother is more rewarding than anything. I do think all women need to make a certain amount of time a few times a week though to just do some kind of crafting and learning. It is really beneficial for the brain!
Thinking of you and praying for you!
Sandy

Vee said...

I do have the time, but I do not have the energy. It's always something!

Sue said...

I could have written this post, Janette, I said the same things at the same time. I decided this year I would do some of those things that I had been putting off, thanks for the motivation and encouragement! Tell Master Benjamin hello for me and don't forget to give him a hug! Hugs,
Sue

Debbie Petras said...

There are so many things on my list. One of those is to take more classes on photography. I love to take photos but would like to take it to the next level (not professional). I always used to say my favorite vacation is to sit on a beach or be in a cabin in the woods and ...read without feeling guilty.

Love you,
Debbie

Debbie said...

So funny you should post on this Janette. I have been ruminating a great deal on the flying of time lately. I have rediscovered my grandfather's journals. Periodically, I pull them out to reread, and when I do I am always struck with how very much I am like him. I am probably more like him than any single person in my genealogy.

He died young, at age 58. He just took a nap one day and didn't wake up. I am haunted (for lack of a better word) by the fact that there was so much he could have done with the thoughts in his journals, but he ran out of time.

So... your post sort of haunted me this morning too.

The trouble is not my time these days. It's the HOW, WHEN, WHAT, WHERE...

Christine said...

I love magazines, especially ones that inspire! Look at all those beautiful "eye candy"!

Maryann said...

I find this still to be a problem even in this season of my life. You would think I would have more time to do the creative things I want to do but there are still things clamoring for my attention that end up taking priority. Each season has it's requirements, my goal is to be content where he has me now...an ongoing process

Brenda Lazzaro Yoder, said...

I find myself doing the same thing and with it telling myself to just to it now - rest, live, love. Thanks friend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails