Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Saturday, December 14, 2013

"Tis the Season for Good Movies




I am not a big movie goer, but I do love a good movie.  This time of year I always watch for something that is worth the price of the ticket.  We started a tradition when the children were little.  After our huge Christmas morning and Christmas lunch, we would all pile in the car and go see a movie.  This one movie was the only movie we usually all saw together each year.  We have seen all three Toy Story Movies, as our Christmas movie and again this year I looked for one that ages 59 to 7 would enjoy.  We will be seeing Walt Disney's  Saving Mr Banks.

Yet there is always a seasonal movie that I pick out for myself.  If I don't see it during the holidays, I see it for my birthday the first part of January. This year we had a date and saw a wonderful movie during Thanksgiving break.  A movie that keeps me thinking for weeks is worth the $8.00 ticket price.  This by far was worth the price and I will buy a copy.  I will not spoil the movie or book for you. I will just say, it is a must see.

The Book Thief


Have you seen a movie lately that has impacted and inspired you?  I will be reading the book this movie is based on.  I was so moved, once again, by the power of the written word. Truly inspiring.


15 Joining in with more words:

Vee said...

I agree with you...a movie that has recurring memories is wirth the price. I have been hearing about the first movie. The second one I have not...must look into it since you recommend it so highly. Your Christmas Day tradition was our New Year's Day one.

Vee said...

wiirth or worth... =D

Vee said...

I quit!

Debbie said...

I haven't hear of that movie, but I will look for it for sure. Always looking for something worth while. We saw the Black nativity recently, which was really pretty good. I love Jennifer Hudson's singing though and she was really good in it. Enjoy your week-end Janette!

Sharon said...

I VERY rarely go to see movies. I just watched The Hunger Games with my son last week when I was staying at his apartment. I had read the book, so it was fun to see the movie version.

The last movie that really made me stop and think was "Inception" - I thought and talked about that movie for days. Made me also ponder the truth that we live on earth, yes, but there is a totally separate reality in the spiritual realm. We are wise to be mindful of that.

This Tom Hanks movie looks good. Eager to hear your thoughts about it after you've seen it. And, somewhere I have a copy of The Book Thief. I'll have to pull it out and read it. Sounds good!

xo

Rebecca said...

So The Book Thief is the movie you watched that you recommend? We so seldom see a movie - so when someone I respect suggests one, I make a note and might try to see it!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

I want to see both of these for sure. They have such interesting names. Christmas blessings galore to you my friend!

Nikki (Sarah) said...

thanks for the heads up about the movie...we just saw Delivery Man. It's a feel good fun movie...and we saw 12 Years a Slave....hard at times to watch, but glad we did. It reminded me that kindness is truly everything.

Debbie Petras said...

Greg and I used to go to the movies all the time. But for the past few years, I could probably count on one hand the movies we've seen in the theater. My all time favorite movie is "Chariots of Fire". There are a few Christmas movies I enjoy and watch on TV. I saw the previews for "Saving Mr. Banks" and it does look good. Let us know what you thought after you see it, OK?

Love you,
Debbie

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

We went to the theater for my birthday a few days ago. We were deciding between these two movies. We ended up with Saving Mr. Banks (it opened early in Chicago) and LOVED it. But I still want to see The Book Thief. My daughters are reading the book.

Fondly,
Glenda

Pom Pom said...

Yes, Janette! That makes two movies I want to see!
Thank you!

Maryann said...

We see movies so seldom that it's nice to have recommendations. I have seen the trailers for "Saving Mr Banks" and it looked like something I'd enjoy. Last movie we saw was Les Miserable which I loved, music was wonderful as was the message which reminded me of the grace I get everyday that is so undeserved.
Hope you Christmas is a blessed one

Cecilia Marie Pulliam said...

Bill and I love movies. We own over 300. I want to see both of these. Thank you for the recommendations! I already thought they looked good and now am determined to see them. Bill isn't interested, so I'll be calling my girlfriends...:)

Yolanda said...

I want to see them both. I am glad you shared this . I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Catherine said...

Dear Janette, I have not seen a movie in ages.
It was something I always did with my kids. I would pack the "kitchen sink" and off to the movies. I loved it.
I hope you enjoy your movie day and also your movie for your birthday.
I wanted to wish you a Very Merry Christmas and a very blessed New Year. I always think of you and keep you in my prayers.
Hugs, Catherine xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails