Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Thursday, October 3, 2013

Lazy i Farms - My Kind of Woman

As I entered the room I felt her energy bounce across the floor, as I strolled over to meet her.  

I was there to decorate for her grandson's wedding rehearsal dinner.  Her daughter and I have know each other since our early mothering days...we both had only four at that time and now we both have six children.  Although I haven't had the delight to know her mother also, I felt our hearts just joined immediately.  She wasn't sure how I could pull off the theme of the night without looking "cheesy" as she told her daughter, but in the end, I think I won her over.  She sure won me over.





She is retired and yet in her retirement, I wonder if God hasn't saved the best for this season of her life.  She is a doting grandmother and supportive mother to her daughters.  Instead of just curling up and enjoying the relaxing years of deserved retirement, she ventured out with her daughter to start a business.

She is an entrepreneur  More importantly she is a precious woman of God.  You put those two together and I just gravitate toward a woman of that stature.

She is the owner of Lazy i Farms, which produces soaps and lotions from goats milk.  She just bubbles over in excitement talking about her business.  Her desire to help other is expressed through her help to cancer patients.  She has personally developed her products...they are totally American made.  Her daughter worked beside her for years, as they both raised goats and developed the business. Her grandson now attends market days with her.

Since I won her over with my not so "cheesy" decorating and coordinating of her grandson's rehearsal dinner ( I will post later what I did) she blessed me with a bag full of goodies from her business.

You know most things are really caught more than taught. I caught a hand full just visiting and being with this woman. Her daughter and son-in-law blessed my socks off also...I caught from them also. The Body of Christ blessing each other is really a joy to experience.

  So many times words are needless...actions speak so much louder.

Please check our her site....she is a jewel and her products are wonderful.  Maybe even do some shopping, as you visit, but please let her know I sent you her way.

http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/lazyifarms/StoreFront

17 Joining in with more words:

Sharon said...

What a delight! I enjoy older people who have a zest for living! And this woman sounds like she has heart and purpose - a winning combination.

Will look forward to seeing your *uncheesy* decoration!

GOD BLESS!

Christine said...

What a great testimony!
You said it so beautifully.

I'm going to remember the saying, "most things are really caught more than taught".
This is going to help me, a lot.

Farm Girl said...

What a wonderful blessing! So glad you shared, Her products look wonderful.

Anonymous said...

What a blessing! I will have to check her site out...

Angela said...

It sounds like everything went well. I am so glad!

Sandy said...

I will check her site. I love soaps and lotions made with goat's milk. They are the best. I also have such admiration for anyone who lives life to the full, regardless of age!
hugs~

Holly Williams Urbach said...

How inspiring in so many ways! A generous woman who is full of life and purpose in her older years. Sounds like a Proverbs 31 lady and someone from whom we can all learn.

Debbie said...

Such a blessing! I am off to check out her products! HUGS

Lisa said...

What adorable packaging! I know she was so thankful for your help!

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

What fun Janette. She sounds so neat, and I think those products must be wonderful. Can't wait to see your decorations!

Debbie Petras said...

How wonderful to get to meet amazing women like this. I will definitely check out her site. I love how you are back at work and at the same time ...spreading your sunshine wherever you go.

Love you,
Debbie

Rebecca said...

I'm always intrigued by your busy life - filled with activity and blessings GIVEN and RECEIVED. You remind me of the verse: "And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." (2 Corinthians 9:8)

Marsha Young said...

Wonderful - a fellow third-act woman who has something to contribute! :) Love it.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Hi, Janette! I've been spending a while over here trying to catch up on all that's going on with you. LOVE the new family pics. (Don't tell me if they've been there for months!) What an absolutely gorgeous family you have! My sister was just telling me about her 87 yr old MIL who is on a rowing team! I LOVE THAT! What a precious family to catch all those blessings from! Sounds like you had a wonderful time on this "job"! :)

Debbie said...

I'm inspired by her just as I have been inspired beyond words by YOU this year. Do you mean that my favorite blogger entrepreneur has now diversified into event planning too??

Janette, seriously, you are knocking my socks off in the biggest way these days.

Strike that. You are just the vessel for the Big Sock Knocker Offer.

If you get a minute, send me a note to update on how the husband's job is going, OK? We just celebrated our one year anniversary with our job here.

You bless me. Do you know that?

Kathleen said...

My kinda retired!

Cecilia Marie Pulliam said...

Wow, what an amazing story. Yes, we seniors can continue to grow, to be productive and be useful, as this woman and her family illustrate so beautifully. Thank you for sharing, Janette. I needed encouragement today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails