Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Play Me a New Song - Note Card Party

Joining Vee for the Note Card Party which I dedicate to the Music in My Life.
Each composes a different melody in the musical of my life. 
Although the first born wasn't there, I still caught the uniqueness of my six children in the pianos found around the city.
I guess these could be used to promote my home city, Austin, Texas
  


Second born...just recently engaged.  On the Colorado River in Austin, Texas.  A pure musician at heart.



Our third born and third son...never met an instrument he can't play...all by ear.



Fourth born and only girl...recently engaged, singing our own composition over the city of Austin.
Number six standing to her left.



This one was literal placed on the map of Texas, as the piano pointed to the Capital.
I was standing in amazement at how much the city has changed in the fourteen years since we moved.
Somehow watching things grow up and change isn't always easy.





The father of all six...playing his fingers across the keyboard of his hometown.
From high school days to father of five he spread his musical gifs all of this town.


Sometimes it is just time to go back home and sing a different song!

my past post explaining this traveling event - http://janettessage.blogspot.com/2011/04/we-were-part-of-history.html




A Haven for Vee

28 Joining in with more words:

Vee said...

What a great set of note cards. The best! In fact, I'm not going to say a thing about having five since which one would you toss? They're too good. Such a terrific idea for a city as there are so many uprights available for a song these days. Don't they just look terrific all painted that way for the city streets. How could one who plays resist sitting down for a moment? I know that I couldn't! Thanks for sharing these, Janette!

Debbie said...

I LOVED every one of these! Truly....I am always wanting to join in this note card party, but all of my pics it seems are of Sam, haha....Don't think I have many others. And my other pics are just not taken with a very good camera. Enjoy your day!

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

I loved this whole post when you first did it. I hope you have a huge poster in your home with these pictures. They definitely need to be framed and blown up into a great collage over canvas!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i love the piano. so creative. would love a listen to hear what they are playing too. ha. ha!! great set of note cards. have a great day. enjoy your fall!! (:

elizardbreathspeaks.blogspot.com/

Debbie said...

This are wonderful! I actually love the story behind them as much as the shots. I'm glad you got one of the musical patriarch as well. This is something I would love to do. Now, I can only play one song on the piano (Sunshine on my shoulders) but I would get into the spirit of the thing.

Barbara F. said...

What interesting photos, and a very musically inclined and talented family. Visiting from Vee's Note Card Party. xo

Angel said...

How wonderful to have such a musical family! I always wanted to learn to play piano but, alas, it never happened. Beautiful pics by the way!

Maryann said...

Loved all these photos, can't decide which one was my favorite, how wonderful to have that many musicians in your family. Again great photos

Catherine said...

Dear Janette, I enjoyed the journey of your family with the piano.
Lovely. Blessings and my prayers are with you always. Blessings dearest. Catherine xoxo

Lynn said...

Amazing to find pianos placed around a city, love the idea! Fun pics:@)

Susy said...

I love everything about this! So pianos are placed around the city for people to play? That's awesome, especially since you have a family of pianists. I'd love to visit Austin sometime.

Sandy said...

What an awesome and talented family you guys are! Love the pictures and stories.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What wonderful photos for notecards! And I love Austin...such a beautiful city! My son went to UT there and loved it!

Happy@Home said...

What fun note cards! Those pianos are so interesting. How wonderful to have so much musical talent in your family.

Lorrie said...

These would make great note cards. So entertaining.

Marsha Young said...

Sounds like it was a time for both reflection and enjoyment.
Good for you. and you are right, change is never easy, is it?
Blessings to you. - Marsha

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Very unique and interesting photos. I'd love to hear them play! Austin is a nice city, my son lived there for a few years.
Happy Fall!

Shane Pollard said...

Hi Janette
That's a fabulous set of Note Cards and all involving your beautiful children!!!!!!
Now I've got a little peep of Austin Texas and the amazing pianos, I can't wait to see more!

I've become your newest follower and I look forward to catching up again soon!

thanks so much for leaving your comment on my marmalade post!!

Take care
Shane ♥

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

Interesting pictures! My boss just visited Austin on business and took his family along.

Rebecca said...

I missed your original "piano tour" - but sure enjoyed this post. Can't help being curious about how the pianos were protected from the weather....

I love ♫!

Crickit said...

This is just sooo awesome! Thanks for sharing Janette! :)

bj said...

These photos are just perfect for note cards...Awesome!

Pom Pom said...

How wonderful, Janette! LOVE the piano playing loved ones!
One summer when we had a camp assignment, we left our first-born home to work for college money. We rented a piano for him (a music major) and he played and played and played! One of our less music loving neighbor's came over and asked him to quit a bit earlier at night!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

You really should make a set of note cards out of these- would be great treasures for your kids to hand down to their own children.

Sally said...

Love seeing Austin in the skyline of your cards. We hadn't yet made that city our own in April of 2011. We are heading down this next weekend and I am beyond ANXIOUS to hold my baby. It has been a good year for him (not so much the football team!) and he loves Austin, but you would understand that, and really, who wouldn't??

Cecilia Marie Pulliam said...

Very cool, Janette! I remember this original post, and loved it just as much this time. What a beautiful and talented family you have, including you, Janette.

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

Your pics are wonderful and I loved the city's piano concept. No wonder you have such a harmonious family! Beautiful post!
xoxo
Leslie

Beloved's Redheaded Bride said...

The piano is awesome looking. And, the pictures are so neat as well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails