Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Sunday, June 3, 2012

His Hands, His Feet

Being His hands and His feet is one of the greatest joys of serving our Lord.  I do not believe we have to leave our own city in order to represent Him.  In every city there are needs!  God calls some to the mission field of their own city and neighborhood...I feel that is where God has called me.  There are others that God takes 1/2 around the world for a short mission trip, others called for a lifetime.

Here is the last video of my son's trip to Cambodia.  The ending words say it all.  My son used his skills to bring joy to children...this is his second play ground.  He and his brother have now used their skills to bless children in the inter-city of Atlanta, San Antonio and now Cambodia.  I hope you will be blessed and encouraged in your own personal mission field. Thank you for your prayer support.


17 Joining in with more words:

Nikki (Sarah) said...

Janette...you have raised the most amazing sons...you've taught them to live true...real....I was blown away by this video and what they've done and the happiness on everyone's faces...the givers and receivers. Totally beautiful. Giving back...it's what I believe and what you're family is doing.....

Debbie said...

Oh Janette what an incredible blessing this video was to see! I LOVE it...The faces on those sweet little ones just says it all! I can just imagine how your mama's heart is feeling right now. Thank you soo much for sharing this joy with all of us! HUGS!!

Crown of Beauty said...

Janette thank you for visiting my blog place again. When you choose my blog to visit, I always feel so special. Like a friend made a special effort to drop by and visit!

I haven't been around many blogs lately, but I do try to visit whenever I can. This video stirred up my heart, Janette. Yes, we bring our skills, giftings, resources to where God sends us. I was so touched by the foot washing... what an act of compassion.

Love
Lidia

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

What a beautiful testimony of obedience and love! I am so glad you shared this, Janette. I continue to pray that the seeds planted by your son and his friends will grow into maturity ... and that their fruit will be multiplied many times over!

Sandy said...

I know you are proud and you should be. Very moving. And I agree our mission field can be wherever we are.
Blessings~

Rebecca said...

The feet washing ministry - that really made sense! What an amazing exposure/experience for your young men....

Would you believe I missed the last words of the video which you specifically said summed it up?!?

Oh, well. Your words remind me of MY mission. Right here.

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

You must be a proud, momma.

Sue said...

I have indeed seen the hands and feet of Jesus in this video today Janette and am blessed almost beyond words, but not quite. The Great God of this vast universe knows exactly who to send, where, and when!! I am always amazed by how we go wanting to help and bring relief and joy to others, which we do, but we are the ones who always leave with so much more than what we gave. I am a people watcher, I study the faces of people, and I saw so much joy here! I know you and your dh are two proud parents! When we are faithful over one thing He then begins to stretch us just to see how much we can and will do for Him, I will be waiting to hear what God has in store for all of these wonderful young folks.
Many continued blessings today.
Hugs,
Sue

Pom Pom said...

Wonderful! I do love Cambodia. I have only been there once, but I loved those happy people very much.
God bless your boys.
May you have a delightful week, friend!

Christine said...

Moved by the feet washing!It was done with such love.
Then to see the looks on their faces!
Something so simple, yet powerful.

Vee said...

So cool. Worth the trip...

Cecilia Marie Pulliam said...

A trip not to be forgotten, by those in Cambodia and by those who went. Thank you for sharing your son's video, Janette. It is amazing how far a little love and compassion goes.

Debbie Petras said...

What an amazing video of this trip to Cambodia. I love that your sons love the Lord and kids. As you know I share that love too.

The part of the video that especially touched my heart was when they were washing the people's feet. Such love and care for these people. I pray they felt the love of Jesus and many came to know Him personally through these mission trips.

And yes, there is also such needs in our own cities. God can use each one of us in so many ways for His Kingdom purposes if we're open and obedient.

Love,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

What a blessing, Janette! Beautiful.

Sharon said...

Janette, I've so enjoyed catching up with you today. As always, I've been inspired by your creativity, touched by your insights, and blessed by the gift that is YOU!

This was a wonderful post. And it is a great responsibility AND privilege to be His hands and feet.

GOD BLESS!

(p.s. Sorry about my MIA in Blog Land - packing and moving after 28 years in the same house is so very TIME-CONSUMING!!)

Debbie said...

From the moment you first mentioned this mission trip, I knew that it would be wonderful and would inspire JOY. It was and it clearly did and does.

You are so right, Janette. We can be his hands and feet right where we are. I love this.

Brenda Lazzaro Yoder, said...

My daughter is in Guatemala right now and I'm encouraged by this generation of young adults who love the Lord and are serving him around the world. World changers they are. Blessings to your son.

Related Posts with Thumbnails