Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Sunday, April 29, 2012

Gotta Move - Sunday Singing

I just have to move...if I don't, well, I get stuck in the mud and allow everything in life to drag me down.  My spirit soars with music and movement.  My hands raised in praise to the One who made me and has called me to move to the beat of a different drum.




As a mother of boys this video just made me giggle.  What a creative God we serve, who lifts up our spirits and  moves us closer to Him.  My prayer for you today....may you MOVE and not give up.  There is gonna be brighter days!


"Move"

I'm not about to give up
Because I heard you say
There's gonna be brighter days

There's gonna be brighter days
I won't stop, I'll keep my head up
No, I'm not here to stay
There's gonna be brighter days
There's gonna be brighter days

I just might bend but I won't break
As long as I can see your face

[Chorus:]
When life won't play along
And right keeps going wrong
And I can't seem to find my way
I know where I am found
So I won't let it drag me down
Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway


I'm gonna move (move)
I'm gonna move (move)
I'm gonna move

I've got to hold it steady
Keep my head in the game
Everything is about to change
Everything is about to change

This hurt is getting heavy
But I'm not about to cave
Everything's about to change
There's gonna be brighter days

I just might bend but won't break
As long as I can see your face

[Chorus]

No matter what may come
Gotta move to a different drum
No matter what life brings
Gotta move gotta move to a different beat [x2]

I just might bend but won't break
As long as I can see your face

[Chorus x2]

No matter what may come
Gotta move to a different drum
No matter what life brings
Gotta move gotta move to a different beat




24 Joining in with more words:

Sue said...

This is what these tired weary bones needed this morning, Janette.I just might bend but won't break
As long as I can see your face. Praise to my heavenly Father.
Hugs,
Sue

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

I like the energy in the song too. Can't say I always have this attitude when in the midst of troubles but it is my goal :)

I do know that God has held tight during the bending even though I thought for sure I would break! Thank you Lord!!!

Debbie Petras said...

Well, you certainly got me going with this one Janette! But I loved it and you.

Love,
Debbie

A multi-dimensional life said...

Mercy me! :)
It made me giggle too and I do love "Mercy Me". Gotta move for sure...gotta keep my head in the game and dance like nobody's watchin'... you are such fun! xo

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

Absolutely loved this! and trust me, the only time I WILL dance is when no one is watching! But I WILL dance. Funny that when I do, I feel like a young kid again, and it's so shocking to see what the mirror is saying. So I'm not going to look at the mirror... :)

Some of that dancing had me laughing, but the choice to dance anyway is what I'm making!

xo

Petra said...

I dance when no one is watching, and when I feel really good I'll dance even if the world is watching. Don't know why, but your post brings to mind Hebrews 12:1. It just does. xoxo

Tanna said...

I'll be ready to dance soon!! I'm still movin' though!! blessings ~ Tanna

Sharon said...

OK, as the mother of boys (and being rather rhythmically challenged myself) this video made me laugh, too!

It even had Mr. Bean!!

Cheered me up a bunch, Janette. Thanks for that! I might bend, but I won't break. I might get shaken, but I won't be stirred!

GOD BLESS!

Unknown said...

I really like Mercy Me-love this song. Makes me happy when I hear it. I may bend but not break. Hope you are doing well my sweet friend. How are things looking on meeting?
Hugs

Anonymous said...

Me too, Janette, me too!

Debbie said...

Oh I just loved this! Really got me going! haha I too chose to dance!

Angela said...

Love it:) I just gave a friend this advice. Repent of your sins, accept your forgiveness, then keep on moving. DO NOT sit down and get paralyzed by despair.

Angela said...

Love it:) I just gave a friend this advice. Repent of your sins, accept your forgiveness, then keep on moving. DO NOT sit down and get paralyzed by despair.

Pom Pom said...

Hi Janette!
We do need to move, I agree!
Our church is so funny! They sing hymns and they don't seem to know the words or the tunes. The pastor is so great! He says things like, "Okay, let's belt out this celebratory hymn!" We like everything else about it and the words to the hymns are so dear.

Maryann said...

Loved this, I'm dancing.... bending but not breaking!

Kathleen said...

Love that song! It's true: no matter how beautiful or how ugly is today, brighter days are always on their way.

Blessings,
Kathleen

NanaNor's said...

Hi Janette, Loved this and like you I love to praise and worship with my hands lifted up. Great video and words, I chuckled when I watched it.
Have a great day tomorrow.
Hugs, Noreen

Shanda said...

Amen! I am so tired I am barely moving! There will be brighter days. Praying for yours to come soon, Janette.

Debbie said...

You do realize that I am picturing you dancing to this, right? I am. In my head, you have your hands in the air clapping, but your hips are doing the bump with no partner.

Were it not for my daughters, I would miss so much fun contemporary Christian music.

Jackie said...

Hey Janette! I've been MIA from an extended blog break (6 months!) and wanted to stop by your place for a visit today!

Absolutely love this video/song! And it certainly got me going this morning!!! PTL!

HE IS FAITHFUL!!

Jackie

Always Nesting said...

Love Mercy Me but have never heard this song. It's awesome!

Sandy said...

I've never heard this one either but it's great. So encouraging. I love to worship the Lord and there's no way to do that unless you can dance, sing, and lift those hands high!
Blessings~

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

I'm not familiar with this song but I do love the words - such truth!

Thanks for your encouraging words regarding my Dad. The move went well today and he seemed "happy as a lark" when I left.

A wonderful week to you!

Catherine said...

Dear Janette, Just perfect and just what I needed to hear. Thank you. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails