Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Sunday, December 18, 2011

I Bow in Worship

google image...notice no shoes....as she bows she is on Holy Ground!  Her clothes are normal attire....her hair looks as if she has been busy at home, just pulled out of the way.  She acknowledges where her source comes from and worships Him.


On this Sunday evening, my heart just cries out, "Bow and Worship the King".

God has been working very deeply in my heart through this season of Advent.  So much of it can't be put into words at this time.  I can feel the seeds that He has planted and I anticipate the growth He will bring.  As we prepare to celebrate His birth with the miracle of God becoming a human, we must move through the birth to the cross.  Yes, God became man in all sense of the word... but it didn't stop there.  The miracle of His birth... His resurrection....His anticipated 2nd coming when we will go to live with Him forever...the completed story. 
Music is a staple in my life and this new song just seemed to sum up the Advent season for me.  I challenge you to listen to it...take it in...let your heart be stirred.  Then join me as we bow in worship before Emmanuel.



Josh Wilson    Jesus Is Alive Lyrics


Wish that I was there,
On that silent night,
When your tiny heart started beating for mine,

I wish I couldn't seen,
The star in David's town,
When you turned a stable into Holy ground.
I sing along, the angels song.

CHORUS
Noel, Noel, Jesus is alive.
Emanuel, hope is here tonight.
So go, and tell, the world that death has died.
'Cause Jesus is alive. Yea Jesus is alive.

VERSE 2
The God who made us all,
With these two little hands,
Is bringing us his kingdom quiet as a lamb.
Oh such Amazing Grace!
A divine conspiracy.
This Savior in a manger changes everything.
That's why we sing.

CHORUS
BRIDGE
Sin you have no sting.
Hell you have no power. (Jesus is alive)
Curse you are no more.
This is your final hour. (Jesus is alive)
Because the son of God
Has not left us alone. (Jesus is alive)
He'll live and die and rise again, and then he'll bring us home. (Jesus is alive)
The old will pass away
And we will become new. (Jesus is alive)
This baby boy is making all sad things untrue.


CHORUS 2x
Jesus is Alive!!

20 Joining in with more words:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Beautiful entry and a wonderful read to begin this week before Christmas. God has been so, so faithful to me these past months as I have dealt with my Dad's illness and to think it all started there in that manager. More than I can comprehend. Blessings abundant as we celebrate our Savior's birth!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful my friend. I hope that you have a very Merry Christmas. A lot is happening in my families lives right now. Just clinging to Him, so thankful we serve a risen savior and no matter what tomorrow brings one day we will see Him face to face and all will be whole and well again.
Love you
Jill

Debbie Petras said...

I love this song too! I've been hearing it on KLOVE almost everyday and I never tire of it. I hear you when you write that God is doing a work in your heart this Advent. Sometimes going through challenges in life draws us closer to Him. I know that's true of me. So glad we can encourage one another through it all though.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Shanda said...

Beautiful. Yet, it goes past the resurrection to when he comes again to take us home for good. A story so complete. More and more I am clinging to that final promise.
Blessings to you

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Amen! The lyrics of that song are wonderful and speak Truth...

Sally said...

Praying this week before Christmas finds you peaceful and ready to celebrate with family and friends. We are off to Wisc. to be with my parents but will return before the new year. Merry, Merry Christmas!

The French Hutch said...

Beautiful Music and song. Moving post. Thank you. Blessings to you and yours as we celebrate the Savior's Birth!

Merry Christmas
Emily

Debbie said...

I too LOVE this song...soo powerful! The Lord is so ever faithful and I am clinging to His promises this season too for sure. We have so much to be thankful for, and to think it all started in a manager. Hugs to you today!

Vee said...

I will return and listen at some point when I am not already listening to music. I have felt that way...I would have welcomed the opportunity to have been there then; I must now welcome the opportunity I have in this moment to worship. Have a praise-filled week, Janette!

Crickit said...

So Beautiful... and AMEN!

Thank you for sharing this! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the melody and the lyrics, Janeth. Thank you for sharing it.

Lisa said...

Beautiful post, Janette! I am not familiar with this song so I love seeing the lyrics. Very moving! Often a song can convey what is most in our hearts, can't it?

NanaNor's said...

Dearest Janette, You had me at the title, then I saw the image and love it and then listened to the song. If it is alright I may post the video on my blog. As I've pondered His birth for me, I'm been so humbled this holy season. I am so thankful that He came to save me. Blessings on you dear friend for this post. May His presence cover you this week and this Christmas.
Hugs today. Noreen

Sandy said...

I had not heard this wonderfully sweet song before. The lyrics are so moving. I am reminded daily in this season of love of all the Lord has done for me. As I danced before Him just this morning I felt a peace and love that nothing else will ever come close to. How holy and worthy He is of all our praise! I bow and worship our King with you and long for that day when every knee shall bow and every tongue confess His lordship!!
Love & Prayers,
Sandy

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

Worshipping right with you ! What a beautiful song.

Thanks Janette, you already know that I consider myself so blessed that we have met. It just warms my heart to picture you and your family right up the road from us. We are uniquely blessed to have joined up with such kindred hearts as on these blogging pages, and I look forward to much more in 2012.

Merry Christmas to you and each of your sweet family

xo

Debbie said...

I had never heard that one (or that artist before. That was really wonderful, and I very easily found myself singing along in worship!

Thanks, Janette. I have discovered some wonderful songs on here. (My favorite is still "Light up the Sky")

Cecilia Marie Pulliam said...

Another thought provoking post,and beautiful music. Isn't it wonderful we can drop to our knees anytime, anywhere, and He is always ready to listen, to each one of us, personally. I find that overwhelming and exhilarating!

Jen said...

Jesus really is OUR HOPE for ALL TIME. That is a beautiful song with a powerful truth. It is so good to have that constant reminder. God is so good!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Tanna said...

Janette, I am always struck by that image... really does evoke a "I bow in worship" feeling everytime I see it. So happy to hear that God is working His plan in your heart and look forward to hearing more. May God bless and keep you and yours ~ tanna

Shelley said...

I have goosebumps from my head to toes - I have never heard that song before and I LOVE IT!!!!

I could cry when I read

He'll live and die and rise again, and then he'll bring us home.

and

This baby boy is making all sad things untrue!!

AMEN JESUS YOU ARE ALIVE!!!! GLORY!!!

Merry Christmas sweet lady - you are a blessing and although I don't often comment I am ALWAYS encouraged by you ... thanks for stopping by the blog and leaving your thoughts - it makes me happy to know that God uses us to spur each other on in the world of Blog!

May HE be praised xx
Love Shelley

Related Posts with Thumbnails