Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Saturday, July 24, 2010

I Want My Sons to Grow Up to Be Like Colt Mc Coy



One of my first post, "Dedicated to Godly Character", was written through tears about Colt McCoy.  His testimony before a world of viewers spoke so loudly....yes, my thought were, will my own children stand for Christ in the way this young man has through his trial?  I feel he, and other like him, Tebow and Bradford, turned the long standing opinion that Christian kids couldn't remain faithful in the world of college football.


This young man married recently and I just have to share this  video.  My prayers are with all three young men who have taken the stand for Christ.  Whose faces have been on the "I Am Second" billboards, along with one pro-life ad for the Super Bowl.


God wants His people in all arenas of life.  Why not in the sports arena?  I now look down at my two sons that are still growing and re-think the mission field of the World of Sports.


I hope you enjoy...no matter what University or Professional Team you pull for during the football season.  Our kids need some "heros".




Some say he's a ninja, rumor has it he's Superman,
Hes got the heart of a lion, still hes as gentle as old Peter Pan,
All you Hatfields better beware, I heard he's stronger than a Kodiak bear,
He's your real deal, he's no decoy, he's still his mama's little pride and joy.

Hey, when I grow up I wanna be just like Colt McCoy,
He's the true gun-slinging inspiration to every small town country boy,
Having cool friends like Jordan Shipley,
(Well ain't no singers singin' songs about me)
Well when I grow up I wanna be just like Colt McCoy.

Everybody and their dog is doggin' on the little quarterback from Jim Ned,
Too short too slow and way too skinny, its what the headlines read.
So he hit the weights, protein shakes, and lord behold, he started to grow,
Now he's gettin' sick and tired of people getting fired up, for rubbing elbows with Tim Tebow.

Hey, when I grow up I wanna be just like Colt McCoy,
He's the true gun-slinging inspiration to every small town country boy,
Having cool friends like Jordan Shipley,
(Well ain't no singers singin' songs about me)
Well when I grow up I wanna be just like Colt McCoy.

There's a new sheriff in town,
Shaking hands and kissing babies,
Throwing lazer beam touchdowns.

Hey, when I grow up I wanna be just like Colt McCoy,
He's the straight shootin' gun inspiration to every small town country boy,
I'd have cool friends like Jordan Shipley,
(Well ain't no singers singin' songs about me)
Well when I grow up I wanna be just like Colt McCoy.

9 Joining in with more words:

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

DITTO. DITTO. DITTO!! Being orange blooded UT fans, his testimony is especially meaningful!!

Hugs!

Simple Home said...

I just read your original post about this young man and left a comment there too. What an inspiration. Thanks so much for sharing.
Blessings,
Marcia

Debbie Petras said...

I love the I am second website. I will link to your post about Colt McCoy to read more.

Sandy said...

I love the I am second site so
much. This testimony is such an
inspiration.
Blessings,
Sandy

Deborah Ann said...

Wow, what an inspiration! Thanks for sharing this...

myletterstoemily said...

he really is an inspiring young man . . .
almost as inspiring as sam bradford. :)

i loved your 'girl test!' help is always
appreciated.

blessings,
lea

myletterstoemily said...

hey jeanette,

i was just teasing a little. i'm an OU fan,
but also greatly admire tebow and mccoy.

they really are three fine young men. nice
role models for young men.

blessings!

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

Hi Janette! That is an awesome song on your post and I love your blog decor and the way you encourage throughout it. Thank you for stopping by my blog today and leaving a comment for me. It is so nice to meet you.

Lee Ann

Amy said...

Hi. Your kind words lift my heart. Colt is my nephew and he truly is a Godly, wonderful young man. He wants to be like Jesus and I am so glad that boys and girls are looking to a role model that is pointing to God. Blessings on your day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails