Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Sunday, February 21, 2010

Roses, Thorns and Beauty

Welcome to the new face lift of Janette's Sage.

I am still learning about this new form of communication.  I felt that the rose expressed visually the thoughts of my blog.  The background was chosen to continue this theme.

This rose is called "Aging With Beauty".  That is my heart's desire, to age with beauty before my Lord and my family.

A rose has thorns along the stem before you get to the beauty of the rose.  Examining Valentine roses,  the scent, the delicate rose, the sharp thorns reminded me of life.

We hear the saying, "I never promised you a rose garden".  Well that may be true, but each of us have thorns in our life or have experienced the hurt from thorns.  I wouldn't avoid buying roses just becasue of the thorns, nor would I want to go back and remove the thorns that created such beauty in my own life when I allowed the Lord to bring forth that beauty.

So, I continue to learn how to set up a blog.  I hope you enjoy the new look and continue to have patience as I move through this adventure of blogging and learning to age with beauty. Check out both of my new buttons for my blog and business, grab one or both, and leave comments along the way.

Enjoying the adventure, even with all the thorns.

2 Joining in with more words:

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Katherine Kolander said this reminded her of this quote.

You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses.
Tom Wilson, from comic strip "Ziggy"

Thanks Kathy

Ginger said...

Great thoughts! Thank you for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails